Saturday, October 8, 2011

29 and 4/7 appointment

I had yet another doctor's appointment on Friday.  The appointment was at 9:40, so I went into work for an hour and a half before coming home and picking Mark up since he had the day off. We made it to DGMC and checked in.  Ten minutes later we were called back where I weighed in.  I had gained 4 pounds since the last appointment.  YAHOO, but I'm still under my starting weight.  I got my blood pressure and temperature checked and then was asked the standard three questions, all of which were no.  The tech updated my medical records and then left.

Ten minutes later the doctor came in.  She asked me some questions about how I was feeling and I was super happy to report that my nauseous had pretty much disappeared in the last two weeks.  In fact this last week, I ate everything in sight.  I don't think I have ever been so hungry before in my life and I made that clear by becoming a human vacuum cleaner.  Food once again was my friend.  The doctor was super happy about this seeing as I had been sick for almost 7 months, but she reminded me that I did need to pay attention to what I was eating and to make good food choices.  Kinda a bummer since I was enjoying eating to my heart's content, but I understood her reasoning.

She then reminded me yet again about exercising.  I think she is addicted to exercise because she has mentioned this at every single one of my appointments.  I average 10 miles of walking a day at work alone, but this isn't quite enough exercise for her.  I really should increase my exercise regimen, but I am completely exhausted by the end of the day. 

After the exercise talk, she listened to the baby's heartbeat and then measured the fundal height.  The fundal height is measuring two inches more than it should be, which is of concern because that means the baby is measuring a lot larger than it should be.  The due date has been confirmed twice with ultrasound, so she is pretty positive that that is not the reason why the baby is so large.  She is having me come in again in two weeks to measure the baby again.  If the baby is still measuring large she is going to order yet another glucose test (the first and second tests both came back negative) and if that comes back negative, she is going to order another ultrasound to get a better idea of how big baby is.  I always knew we would have a large baby since I was a big baby and so was Mark, but I didn't think our baby would be this big.  Hopefully, the next appointment will give us a better idea of what is going on with the baby.

After the appointment, Mark and I went to drop my car off to get the oil changed and then went out to lunch.  Mark then surprised me by taking me to get pedicures (yep, he got one with me!).  It was a sweet surprise and one that I greatly appreciated since my body has been aching all over.  Having my feet massaged and soaked, while getting my back rubbed by the chair, was super nice and just what I needed.

We then went to see my mom in the hospital, who had just had knee surgery the day before.  She was doing good and it was nice to see her so well right after having surgery.  After this we went over to the factory outlets and found a maternity store.  Although I still don't look pregnant to strangers, my clothes are finally starting to not fit.  For example, my shirts are starting to gap at the bottom and my pants no longer fit on my hips.  We went in and were warmly greeted by two saleswomen.  When asked how far along I was, both women's jaws dropped to find out I was almost 30 weeks along.  "Seriously?" one of the women said as she stared at my midsection.  "You're not showing at all."  I know and I'm a little disappointed about that.  I just look extra fat.

Mark and the women quickly got to finding some clothes for me (I'm not a shopper at all) and filled up a room for me.  Mark helped me try on all the clothes as he handed them to me and then put them away after I either okayed or vetoed them.  After a half hour, I had a pile of clothes to buy (two pairs of jeans, two pairs of sweat pants, 2 tanktops, and 3 long sleeve shirts).  Although I hate spending money and feel bad about spending money on clothes I'm only going to be wearing for a few months, I really do need them.

We finished our day off by picking my car back up and going grocery shopping.  We then spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment