Monday, October 24, 2011

32 Weeks or Shall I Say 8 Months?

So today I am eight months pregnant...32 weeks.  Baby will be here hopefully sometime in the next 6 to 10 weeks.  That's really not that far away.  In fact it's pretty close, it's awfully close, it's frighteningly close. 

To mark the big milestone I had a doctor's appointment today with my backup doctor.  He's nice enough, but I'm very happy with my primary doctor.  Plus my primary doctor is typically punctual, which is something I highly value.  Today's doctor was about 20 minutes behind schedule, which really isn't that bad for a doctor, but I've been spoiled the last eight months with never having to wait longer than 10 minutes.

The appointment was basically the same as all the others.  I got weighed (lost weight again, so now I've basically been the same weight since May), got my temperature and blood pressure taken, asked the same three questions that I'm always asked and then waited for the doctor to come.  Once the doctor came in we reviewed my pregnancy thus far and then he measured the fundal height (Still measuring larger than I should, but not as much as I was last appointment) and then listened to the baby's heartbeat (a strong 150).  He advised me to get a flu shot, which I politely declined (no one is going to change my mind on this.  If you want to know why I feel this way, do some research) and my tetanus shot, which I said I would get after the baby is born.

So, all in all, it was a pretty normal check-up except for these closing remarks from the doctor.  "You 're the most unpregnant looking lady I've ever seen in here.  If you want to go eat a gallon of ice cream, do so. Indulge yourself in whatever you want these last few weeks."  He sky rocketed to the top of my list after that.

I think I'll have Mark bring me home a milkshake on his way home from work.  I mean I do have the doctor's permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment