Thursday, December 22, 2011

40 weeks and 2 days doctor's appointment

Yesterday I had yet another appointment.  You know how I am always talking about how fast I am seen and I never have enough time to people watch in the waiting room...well this week, I got my wish.  I had to wait 35 minutes before being called back, but just my luck there was no one very people watching worthy.  There was a mom there with her four kids who was trying to sleep (I never see people with four plus kids looking happy) and then two other active duty people, but they were called back quickly.  Thankfully I brought a book with me, so I happily read some Stephanie Plum while waiting for my turn.

Just before I was called back the carolers came by.  It was super sweet to see them and cheered my heart.  They were a little off key, but it was the fact that they were all coming together to sing that mattered the most.

Once I was called back, I got weighed (lost two pounds) and then was led back to a room to get my vitals taken.  The doctor was super behind so a room wasn't even ready for me yet.  I got my vitals taken (I had a temperature of 99.4, so I'm suppose to watch that - I've got a head cold right now) and then got to sit in the room for another half an hour before a room opened up for me.

By the time I finally got to see the doctor I had been waiting for an hour.  She asked the usual questions, measured the fundal height (41, which is still a bit large) and listened to the baby's heartbeat.  The baby's head is still down and everything is going good.  She offered to strip my membranes, which means she would use her finger to loosen the bag of fluids away from the cervix.  I declined as I strenuously believe that this is interfering with God's plan.  God already knows when he wants my baby to come and I don't see any need or more importantly any right that I have to interfere with this.  The baby will come when the baby will come, so it makes no sense to me to waste my energy or time trying to change that.

The doctor made an appointment for me for next Tuesday to have fetal monitoring done if I still haven't delivered.  They will induce by the end of week 41, which I'm not too happy about.  That is super interference.

My doctor and the back-up doctor both go on leave on the 25th (obviously they didn't plan that too well), so I'm hoping the baby will come before then.  My gut has been telling me the 23rd to 25th this entire pregnancy, so hopefully Mama's intuition is right.  I really don't want to have to deal with some unknown doctor, but baby will come when it wants too and I'm honestly fine with that.  I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment