Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm Pregnant!

When the nurse let those words out of her mouth, I released a floodgate of emotions.  I couldn't stop myself from crying.  I had been waiting to hear those words for years and although I had heard those words before in the past, I was ever so hopeful that this time my pregnancy would actually last a full 9 months.

Over my crying, the nurse went on to again explain all the things I needed to stay away from and when I needed to come immediately into the ER.  She told me to come back down to the lab for some more lab work.  She also informed me that another nurse would soon be calling me to set up my first appointment.

After I got off the phone, I hugged Mark who was sitting next to me for the whole conversation.  We hugged each other for quite awhile.  I can't explain how much peace and love flowed between us during that moment.  After you have been waiting for something for so long, when it finally occurs, you are left breathless.  In the back of my mind all I could think was thank you Birdie for giving us this miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment