Friday, July 29, 2011

One Little Word

On April 17th, Birdie's gift became apparent to Mark and I. 

We were lounging in bed, getting some extra cuddle and chit chat time in, when Mark made a remark and I burst into tears.  It wasn't anything mean or rude, but I became a puddle of tears nonetheless.  Since this is usually a sign of my impending monthly friend, Mark asked when I was suppose to start.  I thought about it and began to realize that my period was in fact late.  Typically, I know my cycle like the back of my hand, but the grief from losing Birdie had preoccupied my mind.  I got out my calendar and realized I was a week late.  My hopes began to rise just a little bit.

We had to go grocery shopping that day, so I picked up a box of pregnancy tests.  When we got home I took a test and the most marvelous thing in the world happen - pregnant appeared across the screen.  My heart literally flew out of my chest.  I was extremely excited and hopeful, but with my past history, I didn't want to get my hopes up too much.  I came out to the kitchen to show Mark the test.  He stared at it, stared at it some more and then asked, "What's it say?"  I told him it said I was pregnant.  He asked if I thought that was right.  I responded that I sure hoped so and he nodded eagerly in agreement.

I took two more tests that night.  With each positive result Mark and I got more and more excited.  Could this finally be happening for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment