Friday, July 29, 2011

Spilling the Beans: Part II

I decided that letting the rest of the world in our baby news would take place on Father's Day.  I didn't want to make a huge deal out of it, so I decided that making a simple post on Facebook would be the simplest and easiest way to let everyone know at the same time our secret.

I was overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes and support we received.  I spent the entire day crying, which has definitely increased since my pregnancy, although I've always been quite a crier.  It was just such a warm feeling to know how excited people were for us.

It was also a hard moment for me to share this news because I have been on the other side of the fence so many times that I didn't want to hurt any of my friend's feelings who have been trying to conceive.  I know about a dozen women who are having fertility problems and the last thing I wanted to do was make them feel saddened by their own pregnancy status.  When you are trying to get pregnant, but are unable to do so, it can be heartbreaking to hear of other people's success.  I didn't want to be the cause of their heartbreak, but at the same time, I wanted to share our happy news with all of our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment