Friday, July 29, 2011

Time to Spill the Beans

Mark and I had decided that we would keep the baby our little secret until the end of the first trimester.  In the past we had told people about the pregnancy only to have to go back and tell them that I had ended up losing the baby.  That is not a fun experience at all, so we were going to keep our mouths shut until we had made it to safer territory.

I decided that telling our families together would be the best bet.  Since Father's Day was approaching, we decided that having dinner in celebration of Father's Day would be a great way to let everyone in on our secret.  Mark had to work on Father's Day, so we scheduled dinner for Friday, June 17th at Chili's and invited both sets of our parents.

We waited till the end of dinner when I passed out a gift bag to each set of parents.  Inside they found a picture frame with the baby's first sonogram prominently displayed.  A lot of "Ohhhs" and "Ahhhs" escaped from their lips as they looked at the picture, immediately followed by a litany of congrats.  I seriously think my father almost broke his face from smiling so hard and Mark's dad looked as though he was going to cry.  It was a great family moment full of love.  They proceeded to ask lots of questions and I'm sure we would have been there all night, if I hadn't eventually ushered us out of the restaurant.

I'm very happy the unveiling went so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment