Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm Starting to Hate This Place

Over the next few weeks, I had two more appointments at DGMC.  I was beginning to grow a real hatred to that place, especially the lab.  Unlike what I have heard most pregnant women say, my doctor does not require a monthly urine sample.  However, they do a clean catch urine sample at the beginning of your pregnancy.  Being my luck, it seems I am incapable of doing this.  Each time I have seen the doctor or nurse I have been told that my sample was contaminated and needed to go give another sample.  I have yet to give a good sample in the four samples I have given.  I won't go into the details, but let's just say I have trouble peeing in a cup.

I met my doctor, who I genuinely like.  Mark likes her because she is a lieutenant, continuing on his obsession with qualifications.  The rank means nothing to me, but her kindness, humor and ability to listen to me and my concerns have left me happy that she will be overseeing my entire pregnancy.  (It was a huge deal at our first appointment with the nurse if we wanted to stay with family medicine or transfer to OB/GYN.  The benefit of staying with family medicine was that I would have the same doctor for my entire pregnancy.  I like consistency, so this was the route we choose).  She went over all the paperwork that we went over at the last appointment with the nurse.  She also weighed me and took my blood pressure and temperature.

At my next appointment I had my pap smear....ugghhh.  I have yet to meet a woman who looks forward to these things, but in comparsion with ones I have had in the past, it was a fairly nice one.  When I told the doctor that, she said, "Thanks I guess.  I've never had anyone say that to me before."  I was glad to be the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment