Friday, July 29, 2011

We've Made It!!!

June 13th marked the beginning of my 13th week.  I had made it through the first trimester (although the little pregnancy book says the first trimester lasts through the 13th week, I'm going by the 4 weeks per month route - plus I was really anxious to make it this far!)

Mark and I were both escatic about this.  We both expressed how making it this far really solidified that this pregnancy had a real chance of making it.  We finally gave ourselves permission to talk about the future and the fact that we are well on our way to being parents.  We had refrained from having these conversations before this point because we did not want to get ourselves too happy and then lose the pregnancy.  This had happened in the past and it made getting over the grief that much more difficult. 

But, now we were in full celebratory mode!  We have not stopped talking since about how happy and blessed we are.  We have had discussions about everything and anything related to the baby, from diapers, to when they will be allowed to ride a dirt bike, to what we would do if we ever caught them smoking, to the expectations of their school years and yadda yadda yadda.  I am so blessed to have a husband who is so excited and willing to be a father.  It has made me love him all that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment